Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd.
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Act” means the Data Protection Act 1998;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
- “Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd” means Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd of Unit 112, 28A Church Road, Stanmore, Greater London, HA7 4AW;
- “Payment Information” means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
- “UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- “User” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using (www.kenyatea.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data We May Collect From You
We may collect a number of Data while you are using our Website. Here is what Data may be collected while using the Website.
Information You Give Us.
You may give us information about you using the Website in the following:
- Account Information. When you sign up to create an Account in our Website, we require and may collect certain information, including, but not limited to, your full name, address and email address.
- Payment Information. We may collect your Payment information.
- Communications with Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd and other Users. When you communicate with Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd or use the Website, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Email Address Contact Information. You may choose to enter email addresses of contacts to access certain features of the Website. We may collect such information to facilitate your access to such features.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Website.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Website.
When you use the Website, we may automatically collect the following information.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with the Website.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Website, we may collect different types of information about your general location including but not limited to your IP address.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Website, even if you have not created a Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd Account to log in. That information includes, without limitation: details about how you’ve used the Website (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, and the page you have viewed or engaged with before or after using the Website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect Data that third-party services provide about you when using the Website, or obtain Data from other sources and combine that with Data we collect through the Website. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive Data about you from them subject on their terms and conditions of providing their services. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional Data about you from third party service providers and combine it with Data we have about you.
- Third party cookies: By using this website you may receive certain third party cookies on your computer. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than us. Third party cookies are used on this website for analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how users use the website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the website and the products offered through it. These cookies are not integral to the services provided by the website. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the website, it does enable us to continually improve our business.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
3. How We Use Data We Collect
Any Data we collect or is submitted on our Website will be retained by Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd for six months. We use, store, and process Data we collect to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Website, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. We use, store and process all Data we collect for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use the Website and communicate with other Users.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize the Website and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- To enable you to conduct payment on our Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website;
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
We may combine this Data with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure Of Your Data
We may share your Data with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We may disclose your personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective Users of such business or assets;
- If Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications on the Website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law when we make the Website available for use. We will share Data with government agencies as required by law or as instructed by the relevant enforcement authorities of the United Kingdom. We may further disclose Data about you to government or law enforcement officials if, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of providing such Data for matters including, but not limited to:
- to protect Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd Technologies’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- to secure our associate third parties’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- to protect the safety of the public or any person; or
- to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
6. Service Providers
We use a variety of third party service providers to help us provide services related to the Website. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such service providers may help us, without limitation:
- to verify or authenticate your identification
- to assist us with background checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment.
- to assist us in order processing and delivery of the Goods
- to provide advertising, or payments services.
7. Your Rights To Data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd Email Address.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Website. This includes administrative and service announcements sent via email. Transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting us requesting such changes. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, you will have access to this and to change information from within your Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd Manage Account options. All changes and requests will be effective immediately or within 30 days of initiating the request. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated.
You may access copies of your personal information held by us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to access a copy of your personal information held by us. We may request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information that you are unable to update from your setting options. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
8. Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of Data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Closing Your Account
To cancel your Account, login into your Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd profile to cancel account under settings. Please note that once an account is cancelled it cannot be recovered and may result in deactivation of your profile account.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. Please note that your Personal Data may remain in our archives and Data you update or delete, or Data within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes, unless you request us to delete it. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete Data from our databases, but we will ensure to make our best efforts to do so.
10. Links To Other Websites Or Apps
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these links, please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Services.
11. Access To Data
The Act gives you the right to access Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. In case of security failure either of Kenya Tea (UK) Ltd or any of our Servers, we will inform you of such failure within 72 hours.